Esports Betting Sites
Esports are getting more popular every year and famous gamers attract millions of viewers via streaming platforms like Twitch. Major tournaments are streamed and watched and this also means that esports betting is booming as well.
The definitive guide to Esports wagering in June 2022
Electronic sports have become extremely popular in the last couple of years. But what does it exactly mean? And why are they so popular? We aligned various topics and answers to different questions in this ultimate guide to Esports. After you read this guide, you are dying to bet on your favorite. Or ultimately, you want to become a pro gamer.
Are electronic sports, sports? We heard people ask this question many times. The answer is quite simple. Yes!
The dictionary defines sport as an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess. However, Electronic sport is similar to racing. Both sports don’t require a lot of physical activity to practice. Nonetheless, they still count as a sport due to skill. These sports require skills such as reflexes, focus. And not to forget the competitive element.
In the last couple of years, E-sports has become insanely popular. Revenue and views have seen tremendous growth. Only the revenue already grew by 38.2% to 906 million dollars in 2019.
The gambling industry also noticed this growth. So bookmakers such as Betwin began offering e-sports wagering. The same concept as online sports betting or soccer betting the only difference is videogames. The matches are not between two soccer clubs but between two gaming teams.
Because of the popularity, we created an in-depth guide about E-sports. In this definitive guide, we outline relevant topics about electronic sports.
How does E-sports work?
Like any other sport, Electronic sports requires at least two players or teams who compete against each other. The matches are mostly part of a knockout tournament. Whether a player or team wins the match depends on the game.
Each game has an official set of rules and guidelines. That also means a referee or committee is directing every game. And players get penalized or disqualified once they don’t by these rules.
Esport wagering tutorial
For people who have experience with sports wagering, you can skip this part. Because Esport wagering is similar to sports wagering. However, there is a small catch. Esport wagering is far more unpredictable than traditional sports wagering. So, do your own research before placing a wager!
The first step is understanding all the available options. Like sports wagering, there are multiple options to increase your total odds.
- Moneylines: Moneyline is the most simple type of wagers. Like any other sport, you only choose the team that wins the match regardless of the score or kills.
- Handicap lines: Handicap is a bit more advanced. For example, there is a heavy favourite in a match-up. The odds for that team are probably very low. In this case, you can choose a handicap bet. With the handicap, you predict the team needs to win with an overhead.
- Totals: There is also an option to bet on statistics of the match such as total kills, points or deaths.
- Proposition bets: The last option is proposition bets. These specials bets go about crazy parts of the game or match. For instance, how many kills a certain player gets? Or who gets the first blood?
Best bookmakers on Esports betting sites
By now, you probably noticed electronic sports are awesome. And you are interested in your favorite games. Lucky for you, our team provided a listing of the top 5 bookmakers on Esports wagering.
- Betway Sports is more than just a bookmaker. Since 2006, the operator has always been at the forefront of gambling. This multi-diverse platform provides everything gamblers need. For example, they offer an online casino, esports betting, live casino, and many more. Members can use a single account to access all the different games
- GG.BET is the best bookmaker for Esports. This company originally started in 2016. Since then, the operator worked really hard to establish a notable Esports bookmaker. And with success, GGBET is a multi-diverse betting platform providing matches for 129 games. The operator well earned our first spot in these top 5 bookmakers.
- Pinnacle Sports is the grandfather of bookmaker sites. The website is formerly known as Pinnacle Sports, founded in 1998, and provides everything you need when it comes to online betting. Pinnacle deserves our number one spot on Esports bookmakers. Not only for the age and experience, but the platform also provides the best betting experiences.
- Bet365 is indisputable in the betting industry. The gaming operator started in 2000. And because of its long history, Bet365 is the biggest bookmaker in the world. Although, the operator is not entirely focused on Esports. The platform still deserves a spot in our listing.
- Buff.bet is not a copy cat of GGBet. The gaming operator has a longer history than number two. The online platform established in 2015, providing from betting to gambling games. The major focus of Buff.bet is to target Esports betting. And since the extra payment options such as cryptocurrency, the operator have become more popular.
What is the most popular Esport?
This shouldn’t come as a surprise. The most popular Esport is Fortnite. Fortnite is a third-person shooter developed by Epic Games, a battle royale and has the highest counts of players online at the same time. An astonishing amount of 200 million.
The objective of the game? Players or teams need to defeat each other until they are the last men standing. It sounds pretty simple. However, the competition is killing. No wonder with Fornite providing one of the biggest prize pools in e-sport history. The prize pool consists of a total of $30 million. The solo champion alone takes $3 of this incredible prize pool.
Besides Fortnite, the esport industry organizes more game tournaments with big prize pools. For instance, League of Legends or Dota 2. Two entirely different games than Fortnite. These games are called MOBA’s which stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. On the contrary to Fortnite, players to need to destroy an end-objective to win the game.
The best Fortnite Esports betting tips
Fortnite Battle Royale has become one of the most popular videogames of this time. The game is challenging, competitive and fun. Furthermore, the game allows for cross-platform gaming. At one moment the game had 8.3 million active players playing at once. That’s the total population of New York City playing Fortnite.
This popularity has not gone unnoticed by esport bookmakers. The best bookmakers such as Pinnacle Sports or Betway Sports instantly jumped to the gun. Starting to provide betting options on Fortnite games. And with success, betting on Fortnite is extremely popular. Moreover, when done right, it can be very lucrative.
For that reason, our team created this article consisting of the best Fortnite esports betting guide tips. So take them in fast and become a professional in online betting.
Tip 1: Do your own research
The first tip doesn’t have much in common with Fortnite. However, the tip applies to all forms of online gambling. So the golden rule in becoming a successful gambler: Do your own research!
Before you start betting, you must research the match or game. For instance, which players are participating? Or which teams are competing? Then look into statistics of individual players or teams. Look for winning streaks, previous placements and tournament history.
After a while, distinguish the best players and teams from the lesser ones. These players and teams are your favourite picks. Now you start making up your bet slip. Begin with the easy matchups. The odds are probably low. However, the base of your bet slip is important.
To increase your odds, start adding handicaps. But, only apply this option on your absolute favourites. At last, always make up your own strategy. And never follow advice blindly from friends or the internet.
Tip 2: Get familiar with the best players
To get back to the previous paragraph, get familiar with the best players of the tournament. Fortnite matches are usually played during tournaments. Before the tournament start, you want to have at least a top 3 of players. During the tournament, keep an eye on underdogs who perform well. The odds of these underdogs can be very lucrative.
Also, learn which statistics characterize a player. You can use this information to your advantage by betting on props. Proposition betting is a wager based on events during the match. For instance, the player that gets the first kill. Or which player gets the most kills at the end of the match?
Tip 3: Analyze results
Start analyzing the results of your previous bets. Analyzing sounds pretty boring. However, the ability to learn from your mistakes is very helpful. Or even better write down what choices you made for each bet slip. Use an Excel sheet to easily organize your bet slips and comments.
This helps to analyze your decisions for each bet. In the end, you will learn from your mistakes, become a better bookmaker and earn more money.
You might think why would this be helpful. The answer is quite simple. In some cases, you discover that you lost one particular match. So next time you make your bet slip, why don’t you make two? Two almost identical bet slips where you only change the particular match. You can apply this strategy for more matchups and bet slips. Therefore, you can evenly spread your chances over multiple bets.
Do your own research, get familiar and analyze results. If you consistently apply these tips on Fortnite Esports betting. We are certain that you start to earn money. Apart from our tips, we advise betting at certified Esports bookmakers. Luckily, we also provided our best Bookmakers.
How to become a pro gamer?
As has been stated in the previous chapter, the prize pools for e-sport tournaments are pretty immense. Also, the industry experiences rapid growth in popularity and volume. As a result, these prize pools will only get bigger and bigger.
So who doesn’t want to make a living from playing videogames? And get a chunk of the prize pool. A dream that suddenly comes very close to reality. But what does it take to become a professional gamer?
Apart from a good set-up, first pick the desired game. After you choose a game, learn everything about the game by playing, observing, watching and reading. Also, join a community and get in touch with experienced or skilled players.
Besides the day to day practice and motivation, you need to step up your game at a certain moment. Depending on the game, join or assemble a team. And start competing in local tournaments. This way, you can match your skills with other teams or players.
In the end, whether you become a pro gamer or not depends on your skills, motivation and dedication. One thing is sure, don’t expect to become pro by just playing games.
Our FAQ is created to answer all of your questions – and other things you need to know – that someone who loves esports betting may need to know before placing money on any bets.
- Is esports betting market legal?
This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on where you live and the jurisdiction and regulations at your place. However, if any kind of sportsbetting is legally allowed, then the same goes for the esports market as well.
- How old do I have to be to bet on esports odds?
Also for this question there’s no universal answer. The minimum gambling age differs in a lot of countries. But it most cases it will be the age of 18 or 21.
- What are ways of esports betting?
There are multiple ways you can bet on e-sports. We have listed them below:
- Item betting;
- Traditional sportsbook betting;
- Fantasy sports betting;
- Social betting.
- Who regulates betting on esports?
At this moment there’s no regulatory body yet regarding to e-sports. There are some professional leagues and entities like the ESL for example which cooperate.
The regulation itself is done by the same regulators as for online gambling, which are: UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.